Thursday, June 6, 2013

Yummy Lemon Herb Chicken



I had some lemons left from the Lemon Glazed Lemon Muffins, so I thought it would be nice to use them for a chicken dinner. I also needed to use my crock pot, because my son had a hockey game tonight. This recipe worked out perfect. I put it on right before we left for the game, and it was ready when we got home from his victory.

I had planned to call this chicken recipe Lemon Herb Chicken, because I am a big fan of keeping it simple; but then I served it to my family for dinner, and my daughter wanted to call it Green Lemony Yummy Chicken. I decided to compromise and call it Yummy Lemon Herb Chicken. That's fair, right?

I think you are going to like this one. Serve it with some rice and your favorite green vegetable, and you have a well balanced, yummy meal.

What You Will Need:
Skillet
Crock Pot

Ingredients:
3-4 Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts, cut into strips
1/2 cup Tapioca Flour/Starch
1 teaspoon Salt
1 teaspoon Pepper
1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
1/4 cup Butter
1 teaspoon Parsley
1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
1 teaspoon Onion Powder
1 teaspoon Minced Garlic
1 teaspoon Sugar
3/4 cup Chicken Broth
1/2 cup Fresh Squeezed Lemon Juice (2 Large or 4 Small Lemons)

Directions:
1. Cut chicken breasts into strips.

2. In a quart size zip bag, mix tapioca flour, salt, pepper and 1 teaspoon italian seasoning. Put half of the chicken strips in the bag, zip and shake to coat. 

3. Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in skillet or medium heat. 

4. Brown floured chicken strips in skillet over medium heat - approximately 2 minutes on each side. You are not fully cooking the chicken, just browning it.

5. Place browned chicken strips into crock pot.

6. Repeat steps 2 through 5 with remaining chicken strips.

7. Sprinkle parsley, remaining 1 teaspoon italian seasoning, onion powder, and garlic over chicken. 

8. Mix sugar and lemon juice. Pour mixture over chicken.

9. Pour chicken stock over chicken.

10. Cook on low for 3 - 3 1/2 hours.


Enjoy your yummy lemon herb chicken. My family sure did. 

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid." ~ Albert Einstein
Sheryl

No comments:

Post a Comment