Thursday, July 11, 2013

Parmesan Breaded Chicken


My mom used to make this all the time when I was a kid. I love the texture you get from fresh bread crumbs, the super moist chicken, and the little kick you get from the Parmesan cheese. My mom always fried the chicken breasts whole, but I like to cut them into halves or thirds to get more breading and to try to control serving sizes.

Besides being super tasty, this chicken is really easy to make. I like it fried in butter; but if you are concerned about calories, you have a couple options. You can fry it in olive oil, or go the really healthy route and bake it. 

What You Will Need:
Blender or Food Processor (to make bread crumbs)
Large Frying Pan
Rack placed in a Baking Dish

Ingredients:
3-4 Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts, cut into halves or thirds
1/2 cup Gluten Free Bread Crumbs I make my own from my Best Gluten Free Bread (posted on May 29, 2013). Slice bread and toast until crispy. Grind in blender or food processor. To make 1/2 cup of bread crumbs, use approximately 2 slices of bread. You can buy gluten free bread crumbs, but it is hard to find good ones. Besides, nothing is as good as fresh bread crumbs.
1/2 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
2 teaspoons Italian Seasoning
1 Large Egg
1 Tablespoon Water
4 Tablespoons Butter

Directions:
Clean and cut chicken breasts.

In a small bowl, mix bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, and Italian seasoning.

In a separate small bowl, beat egg with water.

Dip a piece of chicken in the egg mixture, then the bread crumb mixture, and set it on a plate.



Preheat 2 Tablespoons of butter in frying pan. If you want to bake the chicken, set the coated chicken on a rack set in a baking dish. Lightly spray with cooking spray, and bake at 350°F for approximately 15 minutes.

Fry half of chicken in frying pan until golden brown on all sides.


Place cooked chicken on a rack set in a baking dish. Set dish in oven to keep hot.

Add remaining butter to frying pan, and fry the remaining chicken.

Serve with buttery, Parmesan baked potatoes and steamed broccoli or your favorite side dishes.

I think my kids loved this dinner as much as I did as a kid and still do! Whether you fry it or bake it, this is sure to be a family favorite for years to come.

"Refuse to lower your standards to accommodate those who refuse to raise theirs."~Mandy Hale
Sheryl


No comments:

Post a Comment