Friday, July 19, 2013

Fried Pork Tenderloin


This is another one of our family favorites. My mom used to make this all the time when I was growing up. Of course, it wasn't gluten free back then. I have since started making it with gluten free bread crumbs, and continue to make it on a regular basis for my family. 

Shortly after I started dating my husband, I found out that fried pork tenderloin was also a favorite of his family. Sometimes they serve it at Christmas Eve dinner. That was just another sign that we were clearly meant to spend the rest of our lives together in wedded bliss. They do say the best way to a man's heart is through his stomach. . Don't worry - I got this!

Anyway, I really prefer my pork tenderloin fried in butter, but we are working on watching our cholesterol; so, we use olive oil instead. When my sister-in-law makes it for Christmas Eve, she uses margarine. Whichever fat you choose to fry it in, I'm sure you will enjoy it.

What You Will Need:
Meat Mallet
Skillet

Ingredients:
2 Pork Tenderloins
1 cup of Gluten Free Bread Crumbs (Made from My Best Gluten Free Bread - posted on May 29, 2013)
2 teaspoons Italian Seasoning
1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
1 teaspoon Onion Powder
2 Large Eggs
1 Tablespoon Water
Extra Virgin Olive Oil - enough to cover the bottom of the skillet

Directions:
Remove silver skin from pork tenderloins and slice them into 1 inch slices.

Lay pork slices on their side, cover with plastic wrap, and pound with a meat mallet until slices are approximately 1/4 inch thick.

In a small container, mix together bread crumbs, italian seasoning, garlic powder and onion powder. In a separate small container, beat eggs and water.

Heat oil in skillet over medium-high heat.

Dip pork in egg mixture.

Dip pork in bread crumbs.

Place breaded pork in skillet, and cook for approximately 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown.


Remove each batch and place it on a paper towel lined plate or a rack inside a baking sheet. You may have to put more oil in the pan between batches.


Serve it your favorite vegetable and a yummy potato. Tonight I served it with baked home cut french fries and corn on the cob. I know, I had two starches. I'm just wild and crazy that way. 

So crispy on the outside and tender and juicy on the inside. Yum!

"Don't let anyone tell you that you can't do something, when the Bible clearly says, "I CAN do all things through Christ!"
Sheryl

No comments:

Post a Comment