Thursday, July 25, 2013

Lemon Brownies


I have kind of been on a lemon kick lately. I don't know what it is. I guess lemons seem refreshing to me; and since it is has been really hot, they have been calling to me. I am so glad I answered. The Lemony Lemon Cookies I posted on July 21, 2013 and these insanely good Lemon Brownies have been incredible hits.

My friend, Monica, loves lemon. When I finished making the lemon brownies, I sent her a text to let her know. She headed right over for a taste. Although I gave her enough brownies to share with her husband and daughter, she said the brownies were so good, she only gave them each a small taste. That sounds like a glowing review to me.

What You Will Need:
Whisk
Square Baking Pan

Ingredients:
For Brownies
2/3 cup Oil
1 1/2 cups Sugar
2 Large Eggs, room temperature
2 Tablespoons Lemon Juice
2/3 cup Soy Flour
1/3 cup Potato Starch
1/3 cup Tapioca Starch/Flour
2 Tablespoons Lemon Zest
1 teaspoon Xanthum Gum
1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
1/4 teaspoon Salt
For Glaze
1 cup Powdered Sugar
1 Tablespoon Lemon Zest
1/4 cup Lemon Juice

Directions:
In two separate small bowls, zest and juice lemon(s). (Make sure to wash lemons well before zesting.) Set aside.


Grease and flour square baking pan. Set aside.

Preheat oven to 350° F.

In a medium bowl, beat oil, sugar, eggs and lemon juice.



In a separate small bowl, whisk together soy flour, potato starch, tapioca starch, lemon zest, xanthum gum, baking soda and salt.

Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix until blended.


Pour batter into prepared pan.


Bake for 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.

Cool completely in pan. Turn out onto a platter.

In a small bowl, mix together glaze ingredients until smooth.


Slowly pour glaze on brownies. Spread over brownies with spoon or spatula. Be careful not to use too much. You don't want it to puddle. You can always pour a second round after the first layer is set. 

Cut into pieces and serve.

You  might want to consider making two batches. They disappear at lightning speed.

"You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough."
Sheryl

No comments:

Post a Comment