Sunday, May 12, 2013

Fudge Brownies


 

Shortly after I was diagnosed, a friend of mine who had a son who was allergic to almost everything under the sun, told me that I should say goodbye to brownies forever. She said she had tried a million mixes and recipes, and it was just no use - brownies just couldn't be duplicated with substitutions. Unfortunately, I believed her, and I lived a brownie-free life for several years. Then one day I thought, "If I can make an amazing gluten free pie crust (I will share that in an upcoming post), than surely I can make a gluten free brownie." And that is just what I did. This recipe makes a thick, fudgee, dark chocolate brownie. I am so happy to welcome brownies back into my life, and I think you will feel the same way.

What You Will Need:
Square Baking Dish

Ingredients:
3/4 cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
1/3 cup Vegetable or Canola Oil
1/2 cup Boiling Water
2 cups Sugar
2 Eggs
1/3 cup Vegetable or Canola Oil
2/3 cup Soy Flour
1/3 cup Potato Starch
1/3 cup Tapioca Starch/Flour
1 teaspoon Xanthum Gum
1 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
1/4 teaspoon Salt

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350° F.
2. Grease and flour a square baking dish and set aside.


3. Mix cocoa powder and baking soda.


4. Add 1/3 cup oil and boiling water. Mix until well blended and thick.


5. Stir in sugar, eggs, remaining 1/3 cup oil and vanilla.


6. Mix soy flour, potato starch, tapioca starch, xanthum gum, and salt in a separate bowl. Whisk together until well blended.


7. Mix dry ingredients with wet ingredients just until blended. This is also when you would add yummy mix-ins: nuts, chocolate chips/chunks, caramel bits, etc. 


8. Spread in prepared pan.


9. Place pan in preheated oven, and bake for 55-60 minutes or until toothpick in center comes out clean.


10. Cool completely before cutting and serving.


Don't they look delicious? You know you want to try them. I hope you do, and please post what you think in the comments.

"Sometimes your only available transportation is a leap of faith." ~ Margaret Shepard

Sheryl

No comments:

Post a Comment