Sunday, December 1, 2013

Pecan Tarts


I hope you all enjoyed your Thanksgiving holiday. I had a great long weekend celebrating my hubby's birthday, spending time with family, shopping for some great deals, scrapbooking with friends, and of course, baking with my daughter. We made some incredible desserts, and I can't wait to share all of them with you. Let's start with these pecan tarts.

If you haven't guessed by now, I love personal sized desserts - cupcakes, cookies, single size cheesecakes, cake balls, and of course, tarts. I love them because they are easier to store, easier to serve and easier to transport than their full-size counterparts.

Are you ready? 

What You Will Need:
Round Cookie Cutter (Approximately 3")
Non-Stick Cooking Spray
Muffin Tins
Cooling Racks

Ingredients:
Pastry Dough (Posted on May 18, 2013)
1 cup Corn Syrup, Light or Dark (I used dark.)
3 Large Eggs
1 cup Sugar
2 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter, melted
1 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
1 1/2 cups Pecans

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350°F.

Once dough is rolled out, cut circles of dough with the cookie cutter.

Lightly spray the muffin tins with the non-stick cooking spray. Place one circle of dough in each muffin tin.

In a bowl mix together corn syrup, eggs, sugar, butter and vanilla with a spoon.

Add pecans and stir.

Scoop batter into muffin tins, filling approximately 3/4 full.

Bake for 25-35 minutes. Let tarts cool in the tins for 20 minutes, then transfer to cooling racks to cool completely.

Aren't they beautiful? Trust me, they taste as good as they look. It is incredibly hard to eat just one. 

Make them yourself, you won't be disappointed. Let me know if you have the willpower to eat just one.


"Gratitude turns what we have into enough."

What a powerful statement. Do you have enough? Or do you need to spend some time counting your blessings? We all, including me, could spend a little more time on that. 
~Sheryl

No comments:

Post a Comment