Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Cranberry Muffins


I love baking with fresh cranberries! These cranberry muffins are one of my favorite holiday treats. I love the way the sweet cake balances the tartness of the cranberries, and the nuts add just the right amount of crunch. If you don't like nuts, you can leave them out. I actually made this batch without them, because my son doesn't like nuts. However, I really prefer them WITH the nuts. That could be because I am a little nutty, or it could be because they are better. I'm not really sure. You be the judge.

What You Will Need:
KitchenAid Mixer with Paddle Attachment
Large Scoop
Muffin Tin(s)
Cupcake Liners
Cooling Rack(s)

Ingredients:
3 cups Fresh Cranberries (You can find these in the produce department of your local grocery store during the winter holidays.)
1 2/3 cups Sugar
2/3 cup Canola Oil
2 teaspoons Pure Vanilla Extract
4 Large Eggs
1 1/2 cup Soy Flour
3/4 cup Potato Starch
3/4 cup Tapioca Starch/Flour
1 teaspoon Xanthum Gum
2 teaspoons Baking Soda
1 teaspoon Salt
1 cup Walnuts, chopped (optional)

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350° F.

Line muffin tins with cupcake liners.

In a medium bowl, whisk together the soy flour, potato starch, tapioca starch, xanthum gum, baking soda and salt.

In KitchenAid Mixer with Paddle Attachment, mix together sugar, oil, vanilla and eggs until well combined.

Add cranberries and mix well.

Slowly add dry ingredients and mix until well combined.

Add nuts and mix just until combined.

Scoop into lined muffin tins.

Bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown.

Let cool in pans for 3 minutes, then transfer to cooling racks to cool completely.

Store in air tight container in the fridge for up to 10 days.



These are so amazing with a nice cup of hot tea on a lazy Saturday morning. OK, you got me, I don't know what a lazy Saturday morning is. But, when I dream of lazy Saturday mornings, you can bet that cranberry muffins and hot tea are part of that vision. A girl can dream!

"Do something today that your future self with thank you for."
I know my future self will appreciate the dream of lazy Saturday mornings with cranberry muffins and hot tea. I'm also quite certain she will like the chocolate cookies that I will be sharing with you in a few days. My son said "they are more than blog worthy!" They are that good. Don't miss them!
~Sheryl


No comments:

Post a Comment