Monday, August 5, 2013

Sweet Blush Sangria


Finding a good gluten free adult beverage can be a challenge. Wine is always a safe bet. I wasn't a big fan of wine until I discovered sweet wines, then I became a fan. After I made this Sangria for the first time, I became a fan-atic.

It is my new favorite adult beverage. I made it to take up north to our friends' cabin last weekend. We enjoyed it so much, I ended up making three batches while we were there. And I have one in the fridge right now. ;)

Warning: This is a sweet drink. If you are more of a dry wine lover, this drink may not be for you. However, if you LOVE sweet, fruity drinks like I do, be prepared to make this your new drink of choice.

Ingredients:
1 750 ml bottle of Moscato (Cavitt and Barefoot are both good)
1 750 ml bottle of White Zinfandel (I used Sutter Home)
1 cup Simple Syrup (Combine 1 cup each of sugar and water and heat over medium heat until completely dissolved. Let cool.)
1 Pear (I used a Bartlett.), cubed
1 Nectarine or Peach, sliced
1 pint Raspberries

Directions:
Put fruit in a pitcher. Muddle slightly. Pour wine and simple syrup into the pitcher. Mix well. Refrigerate. Although the sangria tastes good right after being mixed, it tastes amazing if you let the flavors marry for a few hours or overnight.

Serve chilled in a wine glass. Best if shared with friends.

"Surround yourself with the dreamers and the doers, the believers and thinkers. But most of all surround yourself with those who see greatness within you!"
Sheryl

No comments:

Post a Comment