Thursday, October 17, 2013

Red Wings Birthday Cake


This post is for my favorite son. OK, you got me. He is my only son, but still. His 12th birthday was Sunday, October 13. I can't believe it has been 12 years since he came into our lives. It has been such an incredible ride, and a complete honor being his mommy. AND I am so excited to see what the next 12+ years bring. 

The recipes that I used to make this cake have all been posted, but I promised him that I would share this cake.

Cake (posted on August 1, 2013) - I split the batter in two 9 x 13 pans.
Raspberry Buttercream Frosting (posted on July 5, 2013) I used a double batch to fill and dirty ice the cake. I used half a batch for the decorations, and had lots of left overs. I didn't add the extract, but used red gel coloring to color it.
Fondant (found on The Chaplain's Wife blog) - So, it turns out I didn't post this recipe. This is the blog where I found the recipe. It really is an amazing recipe, and works really well. My only recommendation is to make sure you use LOTS of powdered sugar to "flour" and "re-flour" your surface while you are rolling it out.

I hope you enjoy this cake as much as we did. I would love to hear how it works out for you, and for what occasion you make it.

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "Plans to prosper you and not to harm you. Plans to give you hope and a future." ~Jeremiah 29:11
Sheryl



No comments:

Post a Comment