Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Peanut Butter Cookies




This past weekend, I needed to bake something for a bake sale at church. My husband suggested that I make some peanut butter cookies. I have to be honest, peanut butter cookies have never been my favorite. I'm not really sure why, since peanut butter cups are one of my favorite snacks and I also really like peanut butter and peanuts, but peanut butter cookies just never seemed to do it for me. Regardless, it sounded like a good idea, because I know that they are really popular with lots of people.

Although they are still not my favorite cookie, I think these turned out really good. My husband liked the ones with chopped nuts. I especially liked the ones dipped in chocolate and sprinkled with chopped nuts. They not only tasted great, but they looked incredible too. Which one will be your favorite?

What You Will Need:
KitchenAid Mixer with Paddle Attachment
Medium Scoop
Cookie Sheets lined with Silicone Mats or Parchment Paper
Fork
Cooling Racks

Ingredients:
1/2 cup Unsalted Butter, room temperature
1/2 cup Sugar
1/2 cup Brown Sugar, firmly packed
1/2 cup Peanut Butter
1 Egg (I use Extra Large)
1/2 cup Soy Flour
1/4 cup Tapioca Starch/Flour
1/4 cup Potato Starch
1/4 cup Corn Starch
1 teaspoon Xanthum Gum
3/4 teaspoon Baking Soda
1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder
1/4 teaspoon Salt

Directions:
In KitchenAid Mixer bowl, cream together the butter, sugar and brown sugar until fluffy.

Mix in the peanut butter and egg.

In a separate bowl, whisk together the soy flour, tapioca starch, potato starch, corn starch, xanthum gum, baking soda, baking powder and salt.

With the mixer on low, slowly add the dry ingredients to the mixer bowl. Mix until dough comes together.


OPTIONAL: Add 1/2 cup chopped dry roasted peanuts, and mix until combined.

Using the medium scoop, scoop the dough into a plastic container. Place waxed paper between layers, and refrigerate for at least an hour.

Preheat oven to 350° F.

Place dough balls on lined cookie sheets approximately 2" apart. Using a fork, flatten the dough balls in a criss-cross pattern.


Bake for approximately 16 minutes or until golden brown.

Cool on cookie sheet for two minutes, then transfer to cooling racks to cool completely.






Makes approximately 2 dozen cookies. (I made two batches.)


"Sometimes the most ordinary things can be made extraordinary, simply by doing them with the right people."
If you haven't experienced this, you are definitely not spending your time with the right people.
~Sheryl

No comments:

Post a Comment