Sunday, March 16, 2014

Pistachio Cookies


Happy St. Patrick's Day!!!!

Although my pistachio cookies aren't as green as I had hoped they would be, they sure are super delicious. I've never made pistachio cookies, or pistachio anything before, and now I realize that is a crying shame. I actually LOVE pistachios. I don't know why I never thought they would be amazing in baked goods, but for some reason it just never seemed like a good idea. Was I wrong!!!! This is the start of what I am sure is going to be a very long and happy relationship. I think I've found my pot of gold.

Check out the recipe, and start your relationship today!

What You Will Need:
Stand Mixer with Paddle Attachment
Medium Bowl
Whisk
Spatula
Plastic Container
Cookie Sheets lined with Silicone Mats or Parchment Paper
Medium Scoop
Cooling Racks

Ingredients:
1 cup Unsalted Butter, room temperature
3/4 cup Brown Sugar, firmly packed
2 Large Eggs, room temperature
2 teaspoons Pure Vanilla Extract
1 cup Oat Flour
3/4 cup Potato Starch
3/4 cup Tapioca Starch
1/4 cup Corn Starch
1 small package Pistachio Flavored Pudding Mix
1 1/2 teaspoon Xanthum Gum
1 teaspoon Baking Soda
1/2 teaspoon Salt
1 cup Pistachios (I used the dry roasted, salted and shelled ones. I threw them in whole. I didn't want to be bothered with all that shelling, and I like big chunks of nuts in my cookies. You can chop them if you like.)
1 cup White Chocolate Chips

Directions:
In stand mixer with paddle attachment, cream together the butter and brown sugar.

Add the eggs and mix well, scraping down the bowl when necessary.

Add the vanilla and mix well, scraping down the bowl when necessary.

In a medium bowl, whisk together the oat flour, tapioca starch, potato starch, corn starch, pudding mix, xanthum gum, baking soda and salt.

With the mixer on low, slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix well.

Add the pistachios and white chocolate chips and mix until well combined.


Using medium scoop, scoop dough into a plastic container with wax paper between the layers and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.

Preheat the oven to 350° F.

Place the cookie balls on the lined baking sheets approximately 2 inches apart. If you want flatter cookies, flatten the balls a little with your fingers. Bake for 18 minutes. Let cool on pan for 2 minutes, then transfer to cooling racks to cool completely.

Serve with a nice tall glass of green milk!

They really are super delicious. It would be a nice gesture to share them with all of your little leprechaun friends and family.

"May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your face, may the rains fall soft upon your fields, and until we meet again, may God hold you in the palm of his hand!"


~Sheryl


Follow and Like I Can't Believe It's Gluten Free on Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment